With the Intelligent Aliquotter connected to the Power Processor, your laboratory will virtually eliminate the tedious, manual task of aliquotting and minimize sample preparation errors
The unit consists of a serum level detector, secondary tube labeler and aliquot unit. The serum level detector measures the volume of each sample, the secondary tube labeler creates labeled secondary tubes and the aliquot unit transfers serum from the primary tube into multiple aliquot tubes.
- Samples are transferred to the Serum Level Detector after centrifugation.
- Sample tubes are lowered into an optical well, five at a time.
- Interface between the cell clot and the silicon separator is determined.
- Information is transmitted to the computer and used along with the information from the Aliquot Unit to calculate the available serum.
- Secondary Tube Labeler prints a bar-code label and applies it to each aliquot tube.
- The bar code of each secondary tube is verified by the system before it is accepted for use.
- Tubes with defective bar codes are discarded and new tubes are prepared.
- Label also may contain human readable text for easy reference by the operator.
- Human readable text is usually an alpha-numeric representation of the bar-code number.
- Prepares secondary aliquot tubes from primary serum sample tubes.
- Pipette tips on two robotic arms transfer serum from the primary to the labeled secondary tubes.
- After aliquotting is completed, the primary tube is directed to an outlet for removal from the system.
- Secondary aliquot tubes are sent to instruments or outlets for removal, storage or testing.
BECKMAN COULTER website
Solutions and systems for clinical diagnostics (hematology, biochemistry, immunoassays, flow cytometry. Solutions for industry & research, for genetics, proteomics and cellular analysis. Lab automated workstation & liquid handling workstation.
Prices are quoted in euro (taxes excluded) and apply in the Benelux (recycling fee included). They are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to adjust pricing errors and to limit quantities.