Increase liquid handling quality with easy, reliable performance verification.
The MVS consists of equipment, software, aqueous solutions and highly characterized microtiter plates. The system is suitable for liquid volume measurements from 0.1 to 350.0 μL in a 96-well plate format or from 0.01 to 55 μL in a 384- well plate format. A mobile workstation allows for portable, convenient verification of equipment in multiple locations.
Employing a unique, dual-dye photometric method, the MVS conveniently measures the dispensed volume from any 1-, 2-, 4-, 6-, 8-, 12-, 16-, 24-, 96-, and 384-channel liquid delivery device in less than ten minutes. The accuracy and precision performance of each dispensing channel is independently calculated and displayed with summary statistics by well, by row and by column. When using the MVS Calibrator Plate, MVS Verification Plates and an Artel certified Plate Reader, the MVS supports an unbroken chain of traceability to national and international standards.
Results are saved in a secure database on the system’s portable computer using the MVS Data Manager software and are available for printout or export to HTML or XML formats.
Simple volume verification with automatic reporting:
|1. Dispense Solutions
Dispense the Sample Solution and Diluent into a Verification Plate and mix.
|2. Read Plate
Measure the absorbance values with the plate reader.
|3. Know Performance
Results indicate the performance of the liquid handler.
- Measures accuracy and precision information, for each dispensing tip, within minutes
- Covers a volume range of 0.01 to 350 µL
- Measures performance and provides volume statistics on tip-by-tip and well-by-well basis
- Provides highly-accurate, standardized results that are traceable to national and international standards
- Is compatible with 96-well and 384-well microtiter plates
- Is applicable to automated liquid handlers with 1 – 384 dispensing tips, and to handheld multichannel pipettes
- Does not require rigorous environmental controls
- Can be used by a technician of any skill level
- Is easier and more reliable than any other volume verification method for multichannel liquid handling instrumentation
With the MVS, you can:
- Measure aqueous as well as non-aqueous volume transfers of user-specific solutions such as dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO)
- Assess step-wise dilution accuracy
- Integrate seamlessly with liquid handlers for walk-away, in-process QC
- Facilitate scale-up and method transfer
- Troubleshoot assays and methods
- Ensure reproducibility of replicate plates
- Monitor all critical target volumes in an assay or process
- Compare factory to site acceptance testing for new liquid handlers
- Establish baseline performance of any liquid handler
- Minimize waste of expensive or rare reagents
- Develop, optimize and validate liquid handler methods
- Verify target volumes dispensed into any container including tubes, v-bottom or non-optically clear microtiter plates
- Monitor the impact of repeated tip usage on liquid handler performance
- Verify liquid handler performance before and after maintenance
- Evaluate the effect of tip type on liquid handler performance
- Measure residual volumes remaining in a plate after sample aspiration
- Assess performance of other essential liquid handling equipment such as plate shakers, plate washers and bulk dispensers