Cephalinex is a lyophilized preparation of rabbit brain cephalin
and particulate (microsilica) activator.
Cephalinex supplies the phospholipid platelet substitute
and negatively charged surface required for plasma coagulation
by way of the “intrinsic” hemostatic pathway.
Net Contents: 15 x 10mL
Cephalinex is for use in performing an activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) and coagulation factor assays which are based on a modified APTT. The APTT is the most widely used method for monitoring intravenous heparin anticoagulation therapy. It is also a fundamental screening test for deficiencies or abnormalities of the intrinsic coagulation factors: VIII, IX, XI, XIII, and factors common to both the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways: I (fibrinogen), II, V, X. When used in conjunction with deficient substrate plasma, the APTT provides the basis for the quantification of specific coagulation factors.
- 15 X 10.0mL
- Rabbit brain cephalin with microsilica activator
- Perform Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time, (APTT)
- Evaluate the “intrinsic” hemostatic pathway, factors VIII, IX, XI, XIII
- Evaluate factors I (fibrinogen), II, V, X common to both “intrinsic” and “extrinsic” pathways
- Lyophilized for long term storage and stability