Pull-Off Adhesion Test
The PosiTest pull-off adhesion testers measure paint adhesion on metal, wood and other rigid substrates. This easy-to-use, reliable and versatile instrument uses hydraulic pressure and a revolutionary self-aligning dolly to ensure uniform pull distribution over the surface being tested, preventing a one-sided pull-off. This is done using a ring of small ball bearings to engage the articulating dolly head.
There are two models available.
The model AT-A Automatic Pull-Off Adhesion Tester and Model AT manual version. Both models have the following features:
- Portable, hand-operated instrument can be used in any position and requires no external power source-ideal for the lab and on-site
- Large scale reads clearly and easily in PSI and MPa
- Inexpensive, single-use dollies eliminate the need for heating, cleaning, or brushing for re-use
- Self-aligning dolly enables measurement on smooth or uneven surfaces without adversely affecting the test results.
They have a full 20 or 50 mm surface diameter with no holes to clean
- Heavy-duty hydraulic pump with safety valve helps prevent damage to pressure system
- Quick-coupling makes securing dollies in actuator simple, fast and trouble-free
- Multi-purpose, high-tensile two-part adhesive suitable for use with a wide variety of coatings and coating thicknesses
- Cutting tool for isolating test area is included
- Coating adhesion tester pressure system is calibrated and certified to 1 % accuracy (full-scale) and comes with a two-year warranty
- Internal memory stores up to 200 pulls. This includes maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration, and dolly size
- Optional PosiSoft software available to upload test results
- USB Port PC interface
- 10, 14, 20, and 50mm dollies to maxmize the measurement resolution and test range
PosiTest Model AT-A
The automatic model has a electronically controlled hydraulic pump that applies continues pressure.
The pull-off rate is user-selectable. Simple push button operation, eliminates the need to close values or reset scales. A rechargeable battery is built-in providing up to 200 tests per charge. A universal AC Adapter is supplied.
||D 4541, D 7234|
||0-215 MPa (0-3000 psi)
||± 0.01 MPa (± 1.0 psi)
||0-215 MPa (0-3000 psi)
||±0.01 MPa (±1.0 psi)
|43 x 33 x 15 cm (17 x 13 x 6 in)
||5.5 kg (12 lbs)
Comes complete with:
Adhesion Tester with digital display
Hydraulic pump and actuator
Aluminum test dollies (20 mm)
Cutting tool for 20 mm dollies
Adhesive mixing sticks and palettes (5 each)
2-year warranty and carrying case
Certificate of calibration