MoFlo Astrios EQ
Complex sorting, simplified
Answer tomorrow’s research questions today with the MoFlo® Astrios™ EQ. Perform 6-way sorting without compromise, enhance operator safety, and let your application determine your instrument parameters, not the other way around.
The MoFlo Astrios EQ was designed around the needs of today’s research scientists — broader analytical capability, robust biohazard containment, application flexibility, and consistently trustworthy data. The MoFlo Astrios EQ is easy, intuitive, and flexible — and lets you see what other sorters cannot.
With the MoFlo Astrios EQ, you never have to be limited by your instrumentation. Its patent pending dual enhanced forward scatter (eFSC) technology enables you to see and sort particles you might otherwise miss. Measure crucial particle characteristics over more than three orders of magnitude, from as small as 200 nm to 30 µm diameter, all at the same time. You can also trust MoFlo’s proven fluidics to be gentle with your biological material.
In conventional cell sorters, there is a three-way trade-off between sort speed, sort purity and sort yield. The MoFlo Astrios EQ Mixed Mode sorting allows selecting for purity in one sort-direction and yield in another, enabling simultaneous recovery of virtually all the target cells that would otherwise be lost to achieve that high purity. This enables you to sort faster without losing extremely valuable cells, and without sacrificing purity of the principal sort.
Perform 6-way sorting without compromise
- Save time by selecting more populations at once
- Save precious sample with our unique mixed-mode sorting capability
Break free from cuvette sorting restrictions
- Analyze heterogeneous populations with confidence — no differential velocities based on particle size; eliminate the need for Area:Height scaling and laser-delay optimization
- Maintain consistent performance with less maintenance — no concern about burn-in of debris on cuvette
- Allow biological demands to dictate sorting conditions — select from 70 and 100 micron nozzle sizes, to precisely accommodate cells from practically any tissue you want using Intellisort II to automatically maintain drop delay
Enjoy unsurpassed plating efficiency
- Finest deposition accuracy
- Achieve high throughput single-cell deposition rates for an entire 96-well plate within 75 seconds and an accuracy of 99 % from a 1 % sort population
- Broad plate range available (6 to 1536 well plates)
- Achieve better precision with uncharged drop collection where required
Analyze and sort from microsomes to macrophages, from astrocytes to xenografts
- Work with an extensive range of biological and non-biological particles
- Consider non-biological applications like agarose gel droplets, TiO2 and gold nanoparticles, or environmental particulates
Fine-tune the instrument to suit your application
- Match nozzle size to most experimental demands
- See large and small events together with optimized forward scatter masks
- Gain greater freedom to adjust pressures to handle wide range of cell types from multiple tissue sources
- Enhance cell viability and throughput with sample agitation and temperature control